Sal Salerno/ P-15 rubber mats

radioguy7

I tried calling Sal Salerno the other day to inquire about buying one of his repro front rubber mats for my car. The daytime phone number that's listed in the archives is no longer in service. I tried his night phone number and got a digital answering machine message, I left a message and a call back number but still have not heard back from him.

Does anyone have any updated contact info for Sal ??

Great :(

I was actually thinking of buying a rubber Restaurant kitchen rubber type mat and cutting and trimming to fit. Maybe make a paper template first then trace it onto the rubber. I noticed those industrial type mats are very tough and durable.

Either that or go with carpet but I kind of like the big rubber mat in front.

I just bought a rubber antifatige mat for the floor of my truck. The issue you'll have with the car is getting it to lay down nicely on the hump. My truck has no hump so it worked great.

Instead of using a kitchen mat or anti fatigue mat' date=' try just a plain rubber runner mat. Those are usually a little thinner and flexible, so will bend easier. Of course, they won't last as long either.[/quote']

That's what I meant, its used in kitchens but is a runner and is just as thin as the original mat. I dunno, if it doesn't lay flat then I might just go with carpet front and back.

I think the closest runner mat that looks pretty identical to the original style is sold at OSH. They sell it in rolls. To keep the lines going vertical, you would have to put two matts together and create one.

Looks like this: http://www.rubbercal.com/Corrugated_Fine_Rib_Photo.html

Exactly!!, this is the same matt material I was thinking of. I guess you could glue the two halves together from the back side. The seam should hide pretty well with the lines in it.

Exactly!!, this is the same matt material I was thinking of. I guess you could glue the two halves together from the back side. The seam should hide pretty well with the lines in it.

Yes, that is how I would do it. You won't have the fancy border, but it would still look period correct.