1952 Fargo in Hemmings this month...

...and as it turns out, the truck is in Dallas as part of an imported Aussie collection from California. $9500. Unusual Fargo unibody. I can see a few part similarities to the Pilothouse, but definitely not the bed. Here are a few photos. If you wnat to see the entire 31 shots he sent to me, shoot me an e-mail.

post-105-13585350632539_thumb.jpg

post-105-13585350632807_thumb.jpg

post-105-13585350633115_thumb.jpg

post-105-13585350633523_thumb.jpg

post-105-13585350633812_thumb.jpg

I'll bet that Tony West, our Perth, West Austalia DPETCA correspondent can answer that question. Here is the Fargo description and phone number from the seller.

hi jim. here are the photos 972-458-2004 thanks

1952 DODGE-FARGO UNIBODY $9500 MILEAGE-34K ORIGINAL ENGINE 218-6 CYLINDER TRANS- 3 SPD MANUAL EXTERIOR- BLUE GREY INTERIOR-WHITE VIN# 108AF326 1952 FARGO UNIBODY PICKUP- THIS IS A VERY RARE TRUCK, THE ONLY ONE KNOWN IN THE USA. IT WAS BUILT BY CHRYSLER OF AUSTRALIA . IT IS CALLED A PILOT HOUSE DUE TO THE WINDOES IN THE CAB. IT WAS IMPORTED TO THE USA ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO BY A COLLECTOR IN CALIFORNIA. IT HAS 34,000 ORIGINAL MILES AND IS RUST FREE. IT HAS ITS ORIGINAL 218 6CYLINDER. RUNS AND DRIVES. RIGHT HAND DRIVE- FUN TO SEE PEOPLES FACES WHEN I DRIVE IT AROUND. YOU WILL NOTICE THE BED IS UNIBODY AND HIGHER ON THE SIDES WITH SOME UNIQUE INNER STRUCTURE. NICE INTERIOR. NEEDS A LITTLE PAINT WORK. $9500

..And the contact information:

Contact Info

Peter Adam Krell

Pete's Classic Cars

7211 Valley View Place

DALLAS ,TX 75240

email: Peteradamkrell@aol.com

Phone 972 458-2004

fax 972 458-8414

All photos and details are included here.

Call 7 days a week 9am - 10pm with more specific questions.

Cars viewed by prior appointment only...

World Wide References Available.

I am sure this is the same truck that was for sale about 3 or 4 years ago. $12,000 was the asking price then.

Anyway this is the 326th of the 1068, 108A`s made in Australia in 1953. This one is known as a Standard Utility.

These A`s were made from the left over Canadian parts. The chassis on this will have a Canadian number and the engine should be a Canadian T307 218 long (25") block. It will have the cross-over stearing set up. It will have the twin round gauge dash set up which is different to the Canadian and US setups. All the body panels were by this time made in Australia.

The dizzy cap shown in the pic is a bit of a strange one. Never seen anything like that on an Australian pilothouse before. In 53 when we started making the trucks here the electrics were changed from the 6 volt to 12volt using Lucas parts. Starter solenoid on this truck is not original as well.

You could build one of these if you wanted to. All you need to do is remove the roof and upper side sections from a van then fit a roof and rear window panels from a Deluxe cab. Easy. Just use lots of lead fill like they did in Australia.