Post pics of your P15

epix1718

Ben, I believe those little "aerials" are simply markers so you can tell where the

corners of your car are. Those might light up at night beomg as they look like

clear plastic.

Steve & Jerry....your cars really look great!!! Now, enjoy.

Edited by BobT-47P15

If you guys want to see a P15 in Antwerp...

Here's mine... (picture taken in a military fortress that was build in 1859 (for those who find this interesting ;) ))

100_0775.jpg

Nice to see there are old Plymouths in Belgium. The fortress looks interesting as well. It was built before the Franco-Prussian war and I am assuming the Belgians of the time were also worried regarding a unifying Germany under Bismarck?

Quote:

Looks to me like they sell radial tires in Antwerp.

I haven't got a clue... I bought the car with these tires... :D But for as far as I know, that shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:

I'm curious about the aerials above the headlights. Do they serve as turn-signals? Requirement for registering in Germany/EU? I don't recall ever seeing a car here in the States so equipped.

Those antennas are C-Mor fender guides. Just as BobT told. Only to know where my fenders are! They don't light up when I put the lights on... (on eBay, there are a couple of them. Just search for C-MOR.) They aren't required in BELGIUM :D , I just tought they would look nice on the car. and actually... They do (but that's my tought!).

Quote:

The fortress looks interesting as well. It was built before the Franco-Prussian war and I am assuming the Belgians of the time were also worried regarding a unifying Germany under Bismarck?

Visit the Wikipedia page about H.A. Brialmont. There you can find some background information. If more is needed, just google: Brialmont fortress Antwerp. But I think it's enough history lesson for now? :).

I love the colour of your car. It is stunning!

Thanks a lot Robert! My Texas Aggie son suggested it.

BTW, sorry to hear about your compressor accident. Hopefully you will get things back to the way they were soon! Beautiful car!

OK, Mr PlyPals.........I'm just curious........did you buy the car in Antwerp,

or somewhere in your area? Or where did it come from? Was it already

in the great condition, or did you restore it? Sure looks nice.:)

Hey BobT,

I must admit... I'm not a great mechanic... So I wanted to buy a car that was in good condition.

Originally, this car was from Kansas 3 or 4 years ago. My mechanic bought it via eBay. He fine tuned the engine again. Never had to do body works. For as far as I know, I'm the 2nd registered owner (my mechanic never registered it on his name or company).

Then after he had his fun with the engine, he wanted to sell the car. After almost half a year on the market, I tought "Hey, this car is something nice! I buy it!!" :P (that was december 2008)

I only installed the sunvisor, fender skirts, fender guides, spotlight, lighted hood ornament, turn signals, traffic light finder and a dash fan. Also had to replace the heat gauge (that was an adventure!! pffft... :eek:)

Long story, short story... yes, I bought it in Antwerp :cool:

The pictures below are showing the car right before I bought it.

10887835.jpg

10887835_4.jpg

10887835_5.jpg

10887835_8.jpg

Greetz,

Kurt

Edited by =PlyPals=
posted some pictures

Actually... the story goes: First owner bought it back in 1948 (duh...). He kept it clean & took great care of the car.

When his grand son turned 21(or 16?), he offered him the keys.

Grand son replied: "What the h*ll?! I don't need this old sh*t! I want a new car!!!" :eek:

OG owner: "In that case, I put it on eBay and enjoy the money myself!" :cool:

There is one more 4door P15 in Belgium. It's located in the French part of Belgium, the Ardens. Never had the chance to see it. But that car would be a long term restauration in progress, I've heard...

In the car club, our president drives a late '49 Dodge coupe (custom).

And a club's friend drives a '53 Plymouth (mild custom & I believe it was a 2dr sedan, not sure ).

That's all I know...

Grtz,

Kurt

do you by chance have the paint code? that is exactly what i want for my car.

PPG Concept - DCC 74021 H - Red Mahogany

Just happened to have a pint left for touch up and that is what is printed on the label.

I first saw this color on a '34 Ford. It was painted with a Ditzler laquer. The owner let me take his left overs to the paint place and they matched it so it could be done in an acrylic urethane. If I had it to do over, it would be in base coat/clear coat.

What will you be painting, glendale?

Schultz Family Owned since 1949.

Purchased New buy my Grandfather January 1949 in Watertown SD.

Bickler Moters i do believe.

Only has 43,700 miles on it and is still original.

Currently Owned by my Father and I am the caretaker and show traveler here in South Dakota.

Enjoy :)

post-2902-1358535033171_thumb.jpg

post-2902-13585350331992_thumb.jpg

post-2902-1358535033227_thumb.jpg

post-2902-1358535033268_thumb.jpg

PPG Concept - DCC 74021 H - Red Mahogany

Just happened to have a pint left for touch up and that is what is printed on the label.

I first saw this color on a '34 Ford. It was painted with a Ditzler laquer. The owner let me take his left overs to the paint place and they matched it so it could be done in an acrylic urethane. If I had it to do over, it would be in base coat/clear coat.

What will you be painting, glendale?

thanks man. that is awesome. i will be painting a 51 plymouth two door hardtop. chopped 4" 50 desoto back glass.you can follow along here.

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=14229