Marine ready 251 with triple SU's

Geekay

This is advertised on Facebook here (in Oz)

Mopar Flathead engine to suit Vintage Speedboat or could be converted back to suit Dodge / Chrysler / Plymouth / Desoto or custom hot rod application, which was my intention many years ago. 251" 25inch block, triple SU's, decked head, Holden 5lt valves, custom flat bottom sump, lighten flywheel, I know there was a lot done internally but I honestly cannot remember exactly what so I'm not going to hazard a guess, it's no rattle can backyard build, was built as a spare for a serious clinker speedboat racer, who got out of the sport and it was never used, there's a definite market for all the early TAWCO speed equipment on it, if you wanted to sell that stuff off and re-purpose back to automotive use. Can be strapped back to the pallet it's currently on and shipped anywhere at buyers expense. Forklift available this end, Engine located Slacks Creek, QLD. It's been in my old man's workshop for years, I'm up in QLD at the moment for a few days so advertising it again.

speed boat motor.jpg

speed boat gearbox dog clutch.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

In the mid 70's the local Frod dealership, McLeod Frod, Rockdale NSW had a clinker timber speedboat with a mopar 6, more than likely a 250/251 however it had a set of triple WEBERS which even back then I thought was odd feeding into the single intake ports.......it was on the lot for a few weeks from memory..........these engines were quite common back in the 60's in local speedboats.........are there any other pics of this engine with the ad.........andyd