Transmission cooling lines on a 99 Durango

Reg Evans

My wife hit a dear last week with her Durango and I have a new radiator to install but can't,for the life of me,figure out how to disconnect the rubber transmission cooler lines from the steel lines. I bought the tool in the photo for this job but don't have the foggiest of of ideas how this connection comes off or if I even have the right tool. They're lapping me......HELP ! PLEASE !!!!!

MVC-007F-4.jpg

If the radiator has screw in lines why use the special disconnect tool at all? There is a round coil retaining spring inthe recess of the cooler line hose and the tool end cups are pushed into that area and then push/pull/twist the steel line and hose connection to separate. That tool should have different size ends for the corredct line size. Some of the cheaper tools will not work with some models-they don't fit right.

Snap on or Mac is then your expensive solution

Thanks for the good advice. I just ended up leaving those clamp on connections alone and finally got the one off of the front side of the radiator with a bunch of contortions and cussing. I wanted to use the new lines that came with the radiator but I wanted to drive the Durango even more.