Hood latch Adj.

C.ronald

Hello,

Have any of you had to adjust the bottom plate on the hood latch(47 P15)

I see the hood part has an adjustable "male" part but it appears that mine is hitting and won't close completly.The hood slams but only goes 1/2 way shut.There is no adj left on top part.It appears that the base has been peshed down,i only need @1/4 of an inch.has any one had this dilema(with there hood)

it looks like the base plate and frt sheetmetal can be moved up a bit and I thought maybe a couple washers under the base might do it.

Thanks Ron:)

I don't know if there is an an adjustment on the hood latch or not. Never checked into that. However, I had the same problem when putting my hood back on the coupe after I rebuilt the engine. Prior to removal it shut like it should. When I put it back on, had trouble closing the hood. I had to realign the hood to get it to shut properly after that. The holes that bolt the hood to the spring are slotted. Try loosing those screws (both sides at the same time), then push it forward or toward the rear to get the hood properly aligned. Then the hood may shut properly once you find the right spot. It's easier with two people adjusting the sides at the same time. You also have to watch the gap between the hood and cowl when adjusting the hood for proper alignment.

Ron that top latch besides being adjustable for length it does move a little front to back and side to side I believe. Also very possible its a problem at the rear bolts as Norm mentioned

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

i cant get my hood to stop rubbing in the cowl and chiping the paint. i just repainted the car and i dont want to chip any paint . i have the butterfly hood and it hit the cowl when i close it. i tried to move it foward as far as i could but it still hits. is there any tricks to it. mabe some washers someplace. pls help me i dont want to damage my new paint.