Links to info and history about my 1941 Dodge!

1941Dodge

Here is some info about my '41 from the recent article from Jan. 2008 and the one from 2006

http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2008/01/01/hmn_feature15.html

http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2006/07/01/hmn_feature23.html

And I have attached some pics. of my 1941 Dodge from 1955-1986

And here is some history from 1955-1986:

1955- My Grandpa Frimand buys the Dodge from Wegge Motors in Pasadena, where he worked

Early 1960's- My grandpa Frimand repaints the Dodge candy apple red and does several other improvements to 'modernize' it!

1956- early 1970's- the car resides in my grandpa and grandma Frimand's garage where it is home to a cat

1970's-early 1980's- The car is moved due to my grandparent's separation and my grandpa Frimand takes the car to City of Industry where it sits until 1983 and he collects extra parts in preparation for a restoration in the near future.

1983- My grandpa Frimand dies at 53 and leaves 20 classic cars mostly 1930's-1950's Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge and Desotos

1984- To make room for renters all of the cars are sold with the exception of the 1941 Dodge and a 1955 Ford F-150, the '41 goes to my parents and the '55 goes to my uncle. The 1941 Dodge is moved to my Grandma and Grandpa Willison's and is painted a candy apple red. It sets next to the 1948 Lincoln (which I own as well)

1986- The Dodge paintjob is detiorating and has been sitting for 2 years uncovered.

post-1843-13585346832095_thumb.jpg

post-1843-13585346833345_thumb.jpg

post-1843-13585346833695_thumb.jpg

post-1843-13585346834001_thumb.jpg

post-1843-13585346834419_thumb.jpg

Well, I posted another post with links to more pics. and info! Oh, and I also own that 1948 Lincoln that is on the right in those pics.! But, my Grandpa Willison sold that and I found it 6 months ago and bought it back! (Maybe I will put links up about my other cars, even though they are not Dodges!)

Great info. You state that your grandpa, Clarence "Willie" Willison, worked at Clippinger Chevrolet for almost 50 years and that he was Clippinger's fleet manager. That means that my family probly bought thier fleet of Chevy trucks from him in the 50's & 60's. They would only deal with Clippinger Chevrolet back then.

Dennis:D

Well, then they bought them from him! He sold cars there from 1955-2005 and he was first in sales then because he was selling 500-600 units a month, just out of his office! They moved him to fleet and he sold the most chevrolets west of the missippi, they could barely keep up with writing the registrations! Then, in the 80's and 90's and 00's he was known as the oldest salesman still selling chevies, when then, when another guy took over the dealership my grandpa gave all of his accounts to my Uncle Laverne, who works at O'donnel Chevrolet in San Gabriel, and my grandpa went into more of a public relations type thing at the dealership, he worked there until he died at 89! and he was blind the last few years of his life, so, he did very well! He was the one who owned the 1921 Chevy and the 1948 Lincoln. The 1921 Chevy was on the showroom floor at Clippinger for years, I have a post on the main post page with links to pics. of my other cars, you might remember it! What company was it that bought trucks from my grandpa?

That is a mighty impressive sales and employment record, wow is all I can say.

We have car salesman and dealership owners in my family too. My grandfather and his brother opened a small Ford dealership in a small town norht of Winnipeg Manitoba. They of course have been dead for years, but the sons and grandsons of the old uncle now own a number of dealerships from Manitoba to the west coast in B.C., one of them being Lou Isfeld Ford in Abbotsford B.C.

Well, then they bought them from him! The 1921 Chevy was on the showroom floor at Clippinger for years. What company was it that bought trucks from my grandpa?

Yes I think I remember the 21 Chevy, but at the time I was more intersted in a Yellow 57 Chevy sitting in the used car lot. The Company that bought the trucks was Homer J. Anderson & Sons, Contractor, Custom Built Homes.

Dennis:cool: