one piece windshield

pflaming

I see one piece windshields in some trucks. I will need two new windows so will need all the 'edge molds' as well, so. . . is there an economic advantage to a one piece when all is considered?

It's a fairly common feature today on many street rods - to take two pieces of glass, cut them just a little longer than stock, and have the two center edges ground so finely that they meet with virtually no seam other than the silicone glue between the two. Looks pretty nice, if you go for that sort of thing. Prolly takes a pretty willing glass man for the job, too.

Personally, I like all those old fashioned cosmetic features and am more turned on to mechanical updates, like paper air filters, pcv systems and full-flow oil filtration. NOW yer taklin . . . . . . :)

Sounds like it is a push and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am going to stay with two pieces, my preference remains with the original look. The 'pilot-house' body, in my opinion, does lend itself quite nicely to modern modifcations, but not for me. Most may know this, others not, but the 'pilot-house cab is 6 inches wider than Ford and Chevy of the same period, the bed is 6'4" which is longer than ForC, because of the front axle location, it will carry more weight, had electrical wipers vs vacuum, and probably more. Thanks for the replies.