my project just took a left turn would like help :)

Joel Torres

ok before anyone gets mad at me let me explain for those who don't know the cars i own plus to the new guys i have been here for awhile mostly reading the post for the past months cause my son and work have been keeping me busy i have two p15's 1 orig and one to tear apart and rebuild for FUN to keep me busy and a packard for later :)

i have two cars i use to get to work incase one breaks one of them is a 89 monte carlo luxury sport im about to take the insurance off cause im getting a new car in a few

me and my wife was talking last night and both agreed that it would be cool if i transplant the drive train and electrical harness into the spare 47 REMEMBER i only purchased it to tear it apart and rebuild it for fun dont even have a registration for it which is no big deal so.......................

monte has a v6 fuel injected runs nice but the body is starting to rust out

does anyone have a diagram or template for motor mounts for a v8 as this is kinda the same block except missing the two cylnders

i remember some guy in the vendors page i had called real cool dude who made motor mounts the slid onto the chassis for a v8 i want them if the price is right

ok your saying why a v6 and not an 8 well fuel consumption, size, and i am not racing this thing i s perfect for the plymouth i just want a modern car with a plymouth body :)

and maybe urwin or anyone who has done chassis work would be able to anwser this question

could i remove the body off the Monte

measured from center of wheel to wheel is (not approximate ) 108"

cut chassis some where in the rails in the rocker area and extend to bring out the 108" to measure 119" from center to center

then mount plymouth body on top

plymouth still need rockers and stuff so now is perfect time to do this

talk to me guys this is going to be fun i have some long time friends that i can get to help along the way i just need some pointers and advice from the guys i respect for so many years my p15-d24 club members:D yes we are a club:p wow has it been that long since high school????? :eek: that was 15 years ago

Joel, The GM V6 and V8's do have different motor mounts. My son just pulled a V6 out of his 80 Firebird and put in a 350 a few years ago. He had to buy and move the motor mounts to make that swap.

As for putting the P15 body on the Monte Carlo frame that won't work unless you do major surgery on the Monte Carlo frame. Otherwise, the P15 won't look good or even right.

You can put the V6 into the P15 without too much work, it should slide into the engine compartment real nice, since a 350 will do it. I've seen several P15's with 350's in them and still use the same original P15 front end, without any modifications without problems. If you want disc brakes there are several places to buy a kit thats easy to put on. A couple direct bolt ons and the others only require re drilling and tapping one or two holes in the spindle. So, if the P15 frame is good, I'd stay with it and just swap the drive train.

You might be able to buy the V6 motor mounts for the swap from one of the hot rod shop catalogs.

You will like the swap. The mounts are easy to fab uo. Use stock engine mounts and make a braket to the frame from fralt stock or go to Street Rodder magazine for parts suppliers and search them. Offset the engine to clear the steering box and firewall.

I have a 305 in my coupe and disc on an otherwise stock frame. I used a 70 belvedere rear end. It just bolted in to the stock location. However, the V6 might be just fine with the stock diff.

Butch's Rod Shop had the trans mount, but a '70's Camero will work too. Just need some angle iron brakets to the frame.

It will make a cool cruiser. Enjoy and have fun!