Site Offline 9/23/24 starting 8:00 AM PST ×

The parts I found in the trunk I'd posted before I've identified...sort of.

splat1955

Hey Guys,

Remember a while back...couple months maybe I'd found some parts in the trunk of my car and I posted them here for you to ID for me. Well, you guys ID'd all of them for me but some metal strips that I had found. Today I was going though some ebay listings I'd saved. One of the listings was a '48 Dodge...I hadn't really looked close at the pictures that had been attached to the listing. Anyway, tonight I noticed on one of the front door panels that there were some strips. A closer look and realized that those are the strips that I had in the trunk. Anyway, I've posted a pic of my strips and a pic of the door panel that was in the listing. Do any of you still have these on your door panels...or are they a fairly " rare bird". I think I'm going to use 'em this winter when I try my hand at upholstering.

post-1457-13585346304347_thumb.jpg

post-1457-13585346304675_thumb.jpg

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the memory flash back...I needed it. Guess a few of you guys did know what they were......Hey, in your post where you listed the 156-154 & 153 trim.....can you tell me what those numbers are? Are they different trim options? Any idea where I can find a pic of a panel with this trip part so I can try to figure it's position better. That pic I included here is not the best....plus it would be great to see some various interiors and styles that used this trim. And thanks again for the heads up.

Brian

Hey Shel,

No need for the measurement......Tim's right, there is a slot at the bottom of the window garnish.....I didn't see that when I took it off. Thanks Tim.

So, there must have been slots in the original door panels for the tabs in trim to slide through, then probably just bent behind the panel to secure.

So, how complete is the D24 Shel? Do I need to start going through my car and making a list of what I need? Actually, I'm not missing anything...but can you take a look and see what the door and window handles/escutchons look like. Mine are okay....could be better. Oh, can you check the LF fender stainless? I didn't notice until a few days ago, but mines been pancaked in a 6 inch section. Can't really think of anything else. I wish I had one of those around here. I'm going to have to stretch my reach a little and see if there are any good yards in Sacramento. I just hate going down the mountain into that mess. Anyway, thanks Shel for looking out for parts for me. I appreciate it.

Brian, at the yard yesterday I saw that set up for the interior. Mine being a coupe was not done that way so they rang no bells with me.

When I saw them yesterday I thought maybe that was what you had. Next trip I will get some pics with some measurements, but possibly Tim's suggestion of their location against the window garnish will be all you need. I believe this was the first D24 that had that trim setup in the interior. Oddly enough, this being my 6th, 7th, or 8th trip to the yard, this is the first time I poked around in this particular D24. Possibly because it is over near the F**d's and a bit out of it's year group. I know I had not looked at it before, because the hood is stored inside. Even my little pea brain would have remembered that. Seat is loose, driver's side slid forward, and hood tucked in the back seat. It is the only D24 hood I have seen there that still has the paint on it.

Hey, thanks Shel.....I had a feeling that the chrome parts didn't last as long out that way. Mine aren't so bad but I just wanted to keep an eye out for better. That piece of trim is the only trim on the car that has any damage. I've missed a couple of that particular trim piece on the bay since I got the car....didn't really feel as it was important then because of other things needed fixed or replaced...like the gas guage sender and such. Thanks again for keeping me in mind on your visits to the yard.