Whoops, I did It again.

LAKOTA169

Just got home from an 18 day stay in the hospital (9 in ICU) yesterday. This is the third visit since July for a total of 60 days. My Myasthenia Gravis went into crisis. Had 5 more plasma pheresis  procedures while there. Feeling pretty good right now. Doctors are kicking around the idea of doing a procedure once a month. Takes about 2 hours and can be done out patient.

• Like 2

Myasthenia Gravis is a form of MD. With me, it is swallowing, speech, and breathing that is affected. While in ICU, I had a breathing tube down my throat and a feeding tube up my nose then down through stomach to small intestines. I could watch it going down (yellow line) on the screen of the blue monitor. The other picture is of the machine that does the plasma pheresis. It filters the blood/plasma and removes the bad plasma with the antibodies and replaces it with a different fluid. The gold colored bag is my bad plasma. The bottles are the replacement fluid. And od course, a self portrait. with nothing much to do, I take photos.

10_zps1rdskyht.jpg

9_zps5xyi90mn.jpg

27_zpsat99txv7.jpg