Main Street at Christmas in Stockbridge, MA Dec 6th

Every year here in the Berkshire’s, they do a recreation of Norman Rockwell's painting of Main Street in Stockbridge MA, where he lived.   He painted it in the mid 1950's and of course he included  the cars from that era.  

It's a nice day in a quaint little new England town with, of course,  cars from the late 40's to the mid 50's, Christmas carollers,  holiday house tours, children’s holiday story time, and a holiday concert in the evening.  Of course there is also hot apple cider (with a little rum) at the Red Lion, which is beautifully decorated this time of year.  

It takes place on 12/4-6.  With the old car event on Sunday 12/6. 

To participate with your car, you have to email the chamber of commerce by 11/15.   They are at  info@stockbridgechamber.org

Just tell them them your name, the year, make, model and color of your car.   then, if there is room,  they park you on Main Street, but, it's a tiny town, so I'm not sure it matters where you park.  I mean its a really tiny town... Nice though...touristy, but nice...It's also the home of Alice's Restaurant from Arlo Guthrie's song and movie.  The church is nearby and is now known as the Guthrie Center.

I don't believe there is any entrance fee  for the cars...not sure. 

Here's the link specific to the old cars:  http://stockbridgechamber.org/visit/stockbridge-main-street-at-christmas/antique-cars/

This is the link for the whole event:  http://stockbridgechamber.org/visit/stockbridge-main-street-at-christmas/

I've attached and image of the painting they are recreating.

Terri (my wife) and I live a few minutes away,  and will be there. 

Hope to see you.

Cheers,

Scott

post-7838-0-24499000-1447204171_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use