Removing Wiper Arms

fedoragent

Folks,

I've been trying, might I add in vain for a few hours to remove my windshield wiper arms.  I don't know what the heck I could be doing wrong, but I need some advice.  These little bastages are on their tight and will not come off.  Is there some type of finesse that needs to be applied or am I missing something.  I am #frustrated.

FG.

OK, step back, take a deep breath and go get a nice beverage.  Assuming you are playing with a P-15, you should be able to lift the arm off of the post by gently prying up on the edge of the arm while rocking it back and forth. put your screwdriver under the edge180 degrees from the arm itself. There are no threads, pins, snap rings or anything else holding it on. The arm is spring loaded to keep the blade on the glass. Wait one hour before attempting. Listen to music.

• Like 1

We took a couple wiper arms off a P15 a couple weeks ago......they had a little lever under the arm right at the

pivot shaft.     They may not have been original to the car.....but were there.   Kind of rocking the arm assembly

gently to try and free it up will sometimes work.  If it has the lever, need to pull it back and then try to remove

arm.  Makes it slightly more involved.  Good luck.  Let us know your results.