1950 b2b motor/fire wall tag question

first off iam not a mopar guy,so here we go,what is this thing on the side of my motor,and also what would be a good shop/repair manual out there that will help me rebuild this 218 flathead,and also when taking the truck apart frame off i found a tag on the top right side of the fire wall looking at the frount of the cab the number is 4912-118172 what does this tag tell you.thanks

post-6875-13585356206888_thumb.jpg

that thing on the side of the motor is the oil pump, Crank'n Hope also sells shop manuals on eBay, I'm not too savvy about deciphering the body tag but there is an ID tag in between the hinges on the driver door jamb, there should also be a ID# on the frame in the front axle area.

that thing on the side of the motor is the oil pump, Crank'n Hope also sells shop manuals on eBay, I'm not too savvy about deciphering the body tag but there is an ID tag in between the hinges on the driver door jamb, there should also be a ID# on the frame in the front axle area.
i thought it might be the pump but didnt want to guess,i know i about the tag on the door jam and frame i found them but that tag on the fire wall has a different number ,just trying to learn more about this truck i got from my gandfather he got new in 1950,thanks for the manual info-ge

i found a tag on the top right side of the fire wall looking at the frount of the cab the number is 4912-118172 what does this tag tell you.thanks

The 4912 is the code for a conventional closed cab that fits a B-2 series truck models B, C, and D. The 118172 is the serial number of the cab.