Rear Axle Shaft Length?

fedoragent

Folks,

I have done a search and cannot find the length of a Rear Axle Shaft. I would really like to know how long it is. A resource on the web says that it is 32 1/4". However, I'd like to verify that.

Thanks,

FG.

1947 Plym SD Club Coupe, Rear Suspension, Axle Shaft. I think I've found that it is 32 1/4". I have a problem where one side is shorter than the other and I'm under the supposition that it shouldn't be.

BTW, the mopar part is 1118136.

FG.

The parts book says that number requires two, so they would ahve to be the same length. Sounds like someone was in there making do with what they had.

No doubt, but I want the ol' girl rolling and performing just as she should. Therefore, I have found the other part and have ordered a used one. Hopefully this will be the end of my rear end madness. Onto the next which will be the front axle, brakes, parking brake and brake lights. Once that is done....whamo. Ready to drive.

FG.