New with a '47 Special Deluxe

Marquis H.

21538_280413079457_276831629457_4632130_2326822_n.jpg

Just picked up this car from a friend. I love it! It's my first classic & it's created a great itch. It runs good but sometimes the starter Bendix doesn't engage properly & i hafta get underneath and push the flywheel a tad...sound familiar to anyone?

also my speedo guage flaps around between 0 & max, never close to an actual reading.....

and the gas guage isn't reading....that easy to fix?

Eventually I'll bring this back to it's Marine Blue color but until then my wife & I are going to have our business logo painted across the suicides on both sides in a period fitting style, Hobo's Vintage!

Marquis H.,

Welcome to the forum. The speedometer jumping sounds as though the drive cable from the tranny isn't very well lubricated, but that's an easy fix. Easiest overall for me is to disconnect both ends and remove the entire assembly. Clean the cable and the housing inside and out (I prefer kerosene and never use WD-40 for something like this), and when all the solvent is out of the housing you can re-grease it properly and reassemble it. Shouldn't take more than fifteen minutes if you're having a good day so be sure to leave at least an hour for the job, especially if you work on 'Plymouth Standard Time'.

-Randy

Hello......welcome.

The car looks good in the photo......I don't see many of the tan

ones around. Ask any questions you come up with. Sometimes

there are answers lurking in the archives from previous discussions.

You can always look there first by using "search" at top of the screen.

Hey there...join the party. This is a great way to learn if your willing and able. I learned a ton from these guys...always very helpful and willing to share their experience.

Good to see ya the other night. Too bad that person crashed watching us all standing out there working on getting your car started. :rolleyes: I got to work on two P15s that night...never a dull moment! HAHAHA

Can't wait to see it painted with your logo! That sounds neat.

I just heard that you guys were under Rob's hood that night also, too funny!

p.s. we may be gathering some cars for Nicole's fashion show on May 2nd....we'll keep you in the loop

M

Hey there...join the party. This is a great way to learn if your willing and able. I learned a ton from these guys...always very helpful and willing to share their experience.

Good to see ya the other night. Too bad that person crashed watching us all standing out there working on getting your car started. :rolleyes: I got to work on two P15s that night...never a dull moment! HAHAHA

Can't wait to see it painted with your logo! That sounds neat.