Texas trip OT

H Suhling

Got back last night from spending a week in Georgetown at my sister's visiting with her and my Mom. While there my sister took me over to Fredericksburg to see the Admiral Nimitz museum was very interesting even if a major portion was in renovation and will be opened on Dec. 7th.

Harvey

We're sitting on our sailboat in Rockport. Had my 48 Pilot house down here about 2 weeks ago to get a title. This week it's been sailboat work.

Last trip I brought the '48, got the police inspection, lots of paperwork, had to wait on some more to come back in the mail. Nobody else wanted to see the truck, had everything on the checklist done. Took it back to Mo.

Went in today to turn in all the paperwork, they wanted it weighed! Hell, it's 1000 miles from here now. With a little "discussion" they decided they'd take the weight out of the book. Now I just need to wait.

Fredricksburg is a cool place. Glad you enjoyed it.

Austinsailor, in the 80's when I was tad to Nas Corpus Christi there was a little restaraunt/shack on the side of the road near Rockport.

They served shrimp, corn on the cob, baby potatoes, and link keilbasa all out of the same huge vat all cooked together....mmmm, good.[hot&spicey]

When you sat down there was nothing but butcher paper on the table and how many in your party decided how much they poured in the middle of the table! You got a knife a fork and a roll of paper towels that was it, just a big fun mess:D

I think it was called the Boiling Pot..not sure anymore, if it's still there it would be worth your time.:)