Belhouse removal question, 1950 FN 108 Fargo

:)Hi, first time here.

I am stuck trying to remove the belhouse of my 1950 Model FN108 Fargo ute.

I have removed the gearbox and undone all the bolts holding the belhouse to the engine, but I cannot lift it upwards due to two pins on either side of the engine. Somehow these pins hold the belhouse in place. Have read the manual but there is no mention of how to do this.

Appreciate any help, any suggestions

Cheers Ryan

Ryan -

Does your truck have the carburator linkage that bolts to the back of the block? If so, there are two more bolts there holding the engine and bell housing together. Six bolts in all - two on each side and the two in the back.

After I got all of the bolts out of my Dodge B4B, the pins were also a problem. I WD-40'd them, moved the hoist up and down to "jiggle" the engine and then a large screwdriver popped it all apart.

Hope this helps.

Bob

:)Hi, first time here.

I am stuck trying to remove the belhouse of my 1950 Model FN108 Fargo ute.

I have removed the gearbox and undone all the bolts holding the belhouse to the engine, but I cannot lift it upwards due to two pins on either side of the engine. Somehow these pins hold the belhouse in place. Have read the manual but there is no mention of how to do this.

Appreciate any help, any suggestions

Cheers Ryan

hi Bob, thanks,

the carb is in the middle, its a T 173 engine, although i got a little movement its not enough. i am thinking about cutting or drilling out the pins.

Australian trucks have a different carby linkage, they don`t bolt onto the bellhousing.

You drive the pins back far enough so as to remove the bellhousing.

When driving the pins back do not drive them to far. Flush with the hole in the bellhousing or you will not be able to move the bellhousing close enough to the flywheel to get it out.

You can roll the engine over and remove the flywheel then the bellhousing will virtually fall off.

Good to see another aussie on the site.

I grew up in Wollongong and spent a lot of time down in Nowra.

Edited by Tony WestOZ

Hi Tony, thanks for the reply. I have it off, ended up cutting them with a thin cutting disk, they would not move! And that in the heat of the day!

Greetings Ryan

Australian trucks have a different carby linkage, they don`t bolt onto the bellhousing.

You drive the pins back far enough so as to remove the bellhousing.

When driving the pins back do not drive them to far. Flush with the hole in the bellhousing or you will not be able to move the bellhousing close enough to the flywheel to get it out.

You can roll the engine over and remove the flywheel then the bellhousing will virtually fall off.

Good to see another aussie on the site.

I grew up in Wollongong and spent a lot of time down in Nowra.