Got my New Toy home safe & sound...

Chester Brzostowski

I purchased this 1929 Modal U in Crawford Florida on October 16th. I drove the 1900 miles there and back to Virginia in 2.5 days and titled her on October 18th. The Manufacturing Serial Number plate points to the Windsor Production Plant either 682W or 882W. I have what appears to be the Original Plymouth Instruction Book and the car serial number penciled in as 882W. Based on the low Motor Number U21xxx my assumption is that it appears to have been manufactured in mid 1929. The owners manual is dated May 1929 and this seems right to me. So it appears that this car might possibility have been manufactured on or about the 11 month of the first 12 months of Chrysler Plymouth production at the Windsor Plant. I will check deeper into this.

The story goes that the car was always garage kept and the owner prior to the person I purchased the car from had it painted. Other then that it appears to be about 90% original and remarkably rust free. The vacuum fuel delivery system was replaced with an electric fuel pump. The radiator was also replaced. The rest of the car needs some mechanical TLC to get her road worthy. Runs drives but doesn't stop. Definitely needs a complete brake job. Since I can't leave anything as is.., she will most likely get a motor & drive train teardown and rebuild to make her ready for her 80th birthday. I will keep this car as original as possible.

Chet... 48p15 SpD & 29 Modal U

You can get a larger view from the link listed below:

http://www.chetscoins.com/1948p15/images/1928/1928-01.jpg

post-159-13585344520856_thumb.jpg

Allan,

I am pretty sure it was built in Windsor Canada. The one thing I can see clearly is the last letter of the Serial Plate and it is -W. According to the 28 to 33 Master Parts List that would designate Canadian Build. If the last letters were WP it would be US. It is clearly marked just W. The 29 run at Windsor was from GP-583-W to GC-499-L. I am going to take a close up picture of the plate and enlarge it so that maybe I can read the complete number. I think the first 2 letters may be completely gone. Does look like 882-W or 682-W..???. If it is 682 I think that would put it in the first quarter production for 1929.