cigarette holder/dispenser/lighter

harmony

I'm curious if anyone has any information about the post war Chrysler cigarette holder/dispenser/lighter.  I understand that they came stock on the Traveler.  I read that the Traveler didn't have an options, because Chrysler included every Chrysler option available from the factory.   Is that fact or fiction?

I did see a picture of one when viewing pictures of a '48 traveler online.  But the picture was from a distance and it appears to be mounted on the steering column. 

Was it basically just a holder/dispenser, or did it also have a lighting feature on it?  I'd love to see some close up pictures of it.  

I've read about the circa '42 DeSoto one (and I think there is a video out there about it); I recall it was mounted somehow in the steering wheel hub section, and was only a dispenser, not a lighter. Was the Chrysler one similar to this? I've never seen one in person, but I think it would be great to have for the uniqueness, if nothing else.

5 hours ago, DeS-11 said:

I've read about the circa '42 DeSoto one (and I think there is a video out there about it); I recall it was mounted somehow in the steering wheel hub section, and was only a dispenser, not a lighter. Was the Chrysler one similar to this? I've never seen one in person, but I think it would be great to have for the uniqueness, if nothing else.

I agree,  very unique.  I have no idea that what I read was fact or fiction but they did say that it included a lighter.  I believe that the bulk of it was to hold at least a pick of cigarettes lying on their side in an enclosed box that loaded from the top.  At the front of it was a small bar that you would push down on it.   Then a half cylindrical section would pop down and then one of the cigarettes would roll out on to that half cylindrical portion. All ready to fill the drivers lungs with cancer. 🤪