Swap meet disc brake kit info

Dan Capeci

A friend of mine picked up a disc brake conversion for me at a swap meet that was labeled '40s Dodge' and it looks like it'll fit my 48 business coupe project. I'd just have to drill one hole (that's been welded over previously) in the top of the bracket. I have 11" brakes. Does anybody recognize these parts/kit?

I'd love to have disc brakes, but I definitely don't want to install something that I don't know how to order parts for in the future.

Thanks everyone.

Screenshot_20240409_202058_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240409_202253_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240409_202258_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240409_202305_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240403_103646_Facebook.jpg

I bought a Scarebird Disk Brake Conversion kit a couple years ago for my 48 Plymouth Special Deluxe Sedan that looks very "similar" to what you have pictured. 

I converted my front drums to disc, and I love it. I'm sure others would also recommend.

I took pictures of the boxes of each of the parts so I could always find replacements if needed that I can share (calipers, pads, bearings, brake hoses, etc.)

scarebird01.jpg

scarebird02.jpg

scarebird03.jpg

scarebird04.jpg

Posted (edited)

Clark, thanks for the info everything's a little bit different but so close there. Right now I'm leaning towards it having this kit just based on some of the things I've seen

IMG_20240409_221334_158.jpg

Screenshot_20240409_211305_OneDrive.jpg

Edited by Dan Capeci