Inlet Manifold insert rings , called Fuel Centralizer Ring , part number 1116829 , which way do they go ?

Barry

Hi , I have got a 1946 Fargo Truck with a 218 cu inch engine

My question is , it has a  2 piece insert that goes into the inlet manifold , what I would like to know is which way does it go ,at the moment the joining line is in line with the carburettor mounting studs .

In the parts book they call it a Fuel Centralizer Ring with a part number 1116829

I have spent a lot of google time trying to find this information both with description , part number and or both .

Would you blokes know or know who I could ask ?

Cheers

Barry

I have U.S. W-series trucks, and that part number isn’t in my parts book. Googling the number, just comes up with your search. A picture would be helpful, and the tonnage of the truck. I have a tall throat intake manifold, that has a stand off disc at the bottom, supposedly to atomize the fuel and disperse it to the three intake ports of the block. Tim Kingsbury would probably know what you are referring to, but I haven’t any contact information. Rick D.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s nice that you checked back Barry. Dodge/Fargo had carburetors for fuel efficiency, my guess is that they used those parts also. They reduce the Venturi size, they might centralize the gas but performance would be diminished. They should be completely smooth for their intended purpose. It would not matter how you place them, because there are holes and spacing for your vacuum attachment to still work, slightly diminished. I would put them on a shelf of unused parts. Rick D.

IMG_0657.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

On 11/1/2023 at 1:13 PM, Barry said:

Hi , I have got a 1946 Fargo Truck with a 218 cu inch engine

My question is , it has a  2 piece insert that goes into the inlet manifold , what I would like to know is which way does it go ,at the moment the joining line is in line with the carburettor mounting studs .

In the parts book they call it a Fuel Centralizer Ring with a part number 1116829

I have spent a lot of google time trying to find this information both with description , part number and or both .

Would you blokes know or know who I could ask ?

Cheers

Barry

I have a Chrysler Canada Truck Shop Manual ,WM4283, covering Dodge Series DF-DG-GH Series, also Fargo FN-FO-FP Series. On page 7.4 Fig 2 there is an Engine Center Sectional View drawing... the first item, ( number 1 0f 41 parts pointed to on the drawing), is the  Manifold fuel centralizer. It show it inverted with the narrow end coming together,( picture a wishbone ), level the the top of the intake manifold. (Unfortunately with the latest windows upgrade? My computer no longer re cognizes my scanner, printer, nor my digital camera). Otherwise I would have posted a picture of  the drawing for you....I could not find any text reference  mentioning the part...per haps someone else will have more info to add to the topic...