Mopar back up lights 1950/51

iowa51

Going through my dad's stuff since he passed away last year and came across a box labeled "Mopar back-up light, Factory engineered and inspected".

The factory sticker says- 1 part No.1383723 (Pair), For all 1950-51 Plymouths; Dodge D33 and D41 2 Door Sedans.

Question, why can it only be used on 2 Door sedans? On the very bottom it has "Form 518-JAN'51" so I could see why 1952 wasn't listed.

Box was opened but appears to be complete with instructions. Thought about installing it on my '51 Plymouth convertible if it doesn't look too difficult except I don't have a 2 door sedan.

2dr and 4dr have a different tail panel/ trunk and fender shape at the rear. Not enough to notice really, but enough that the tail lights and trunk emblems are different. 1950-1951 Plymouth's are pretty close, but different. Convertible I think won't matter, it should be same rear shapes as 2dr sedan but I could be wrong.