My vacuum canister

Normspeed

Well, after all my engineering and assembly, my reserve vacuum canister died a horrible death. I had it mounted in the right fenderwell very close to the tire at full right turn. During Roadster week we did a lot of traveling with 4 people in my car, causing it to sit a little low. A couple times I heard it scrape when at full right turn and entering a driveway or parking lot. Last weekend the motor developed symptoms of a vacuum leak. I checked and found the tire had apparently pushed in on the canister, doing some structural damage to the ribbed area, and the vacuum itself did the rest, collapsing the canister. Oh well, it didn't really do much to improve on my wolf whistle performance anyhow.

My wipers are electric. The intent of the canister was to store a little extra vacuum because with the cam and carbs my little 218 doesn't pull much vacuum at higher speeds. But as Don Coatney pointed out, if I'm using the wolf whistle while chasing them at freeway speeds, I'm doing something wrong anyway.