Slightly off topic

mlozier76

So... I had the police officer come by my house today because I needed to have the VIN inspected so I can finally get the 48 back on the road, hopefully very soon.  As he was checking the VIN I showed him when the last officer (which, funny thing, was him) checked it '07 and it had only registered 3 miles since then.  I then saw that the car was last titled one State over in 1969, and I did a little math... That was almost 50 years ago. Its hard to believe that my car is almost 70 years old, and probably runs as well as some newer cars. I really hope to have it on the road soon, maybe by the end of the week though it won't be sporting any paint... and love it when someone gets a long dormant car a second chance at life. 

The Car Club I'm in the process of trying to join is instrumental in kicking me in the shorts to get it moving finally.  We tend to be a younger crowd and a lot of our cars have the patina finish, and fall in the category of street rod, or custom, but don't ever call them a billet barge!!  They give me hell because I was defensive when they called my Dodge a Plymouth, and most of them have old Chevy's or Mixed hot rods.  Many thanks to this website and the members who have helped me on my journey that surely is nowhere near done.

Be proud of what you do with your cars, by keeping them on the road we are preserving history.  Though we may not all share the same vision of our vehicles, we all share that same goal. I grew up in Michigan, and must have had too much of that water when I was a kid because I love the smell of gasoline, diesel, transmission fluid, gear oil and grease. I especially love sound that these old inline engines make when they are driving around.   I go for the slightly custom, mainly because I can't afford to go OE on most of the parts. 

Let's do our part to help our younger generations understand and keep that pride in American Made, as so many have lost that in this Global Economy...Okay, I'm not going to put this into politics, I am just a proud American Veteran, and it comes out too often....  Keep Motoring.

• Like 2

LOL, not an electric car, (though I do respect that engineering too) that term I believe goes also to England, but I've never really been there :D .   They call themselves the Knucklescraperz.  They are in Eastern Washington and Idaho.  They have their "drivers", which are a lot of the ones that are shown on their website, but also some have their projects which are much different.  Old skool, comes to mind, but I'm not Old Skool.  We still have a lot in common because we speak the same language, cars.  Not really too hard to join as far as I can tell, but it's a "have to have a sponsor" type club.  When I went to College in Texas at Letourneau University, I was a pledge in the Letourneau Automotive Society, and I liken it to that.  Basically, a group of guys and gals, that have similar interests.  I grew up in Battle Creek and Graduated from Marshall High.

Edited by mlozier76