New paint job....

or lack there of. I'm going with the bare metal look and then adding some acid and letting it set in weather a couple of weeks to really give it a antique used look. Here is a pic of a truck done this way. Only problem is the clear is super expensive. The only one I know that will truly seal is the POR 15 actually made for wheels. Also lookin for working spotlights if anyone knows where to get them.

post-9225-13585371577487_thumb.jpg

Chrome or just functional? If you just want functional, any junkyard has them on cop cars and taxis. If you want chrome and functional, there are dozens of ways to get them.

Easiest is to go to www.unityusa.com, they've been around the longest. Get the kit for 6v universal or adapt one for a same era Chevy.

Second easiest? Find a junkyard with older Peterbilts and Freightliners... 12v units, usually chrome, several sizes available.

If you want looks but don't care if they work, look up Night Prowlers, hot rod supply. Good people, good products, great to deal with. I know they have dummy Appletons, don't remember if they carry real ones or not. They are also THE place for wheel covers, knobs, etc...