Yeah.....I don't think the bass would fit inside the car in case of

rain.:eek:

Guess that's why I play an electric bass guitar.....smaller and easier

to deal with.

Back in the 1930s, my Dad, in his college days, played standup bass

in some dance bands. They would tie it to the roof of one of those

old square 30s style vehicles. Being the enterprising sort that he was,

he actually built his own wooden case for that bass....out of some

fairly thin plywood stuff as I recall. Ah yes.....music stuff is fun.

The car sounds great.

Edited by BobT-47P15

duals increase the 'POP'

higher compression increases the tone/pitch.

a smaller tailpipe has a higher pitch than a larger diameter one.

any glaspak straight thru is sweeeeet , pops and rumbles. loud

i switched to the smaller baffle type mufflers to quiet my coupe down...it did just enough to hear the radio.!!

you gotta have the split manifold to get the

helicopter sound!!!

you cant beat the sound/!

bill

Do you have a crossover between your pipes?

duals increase the 'POP'

higher compression increases the tone/pitch.

a smaller tailpipe has a higher pitch than a larger diameter one.

any glaspak straight thru is sweeeeet , pops and rumbles. loud

i switched to the smaller baffle type mufflers to quiet my coupe down...it did just enough to hear the radio.!!

you gotta have the split manifold to get the

helicopter sound!!!

you cant beat the sound/!

bill

Here is my old 218 with cast iron headers, 2.25 exhaust with a crossover and dual 14 inch long no name turbo style mufflers. Don't have a video of the new 230 with the Edgy head.

Don't know why the video stops about half way through. Just checked it on Youtube and it stops there too.

Edited by hkestes41

no cross over pipe. headers. to get that great sound that pop/pops you need headers, or some manifold system that separates the front 3 from back three cyls. so you hear them separately. seems a crossover pipe, tho helps tuning, adds to the generic muffler/rumble. sounds good but not that great dual ex sound. straight thru glaspaks are wonderful....turbos calm the sound down a bit.

i am not sure but with dual ex a stock diameter pipe on both sides seems sufficient.

bill

@rtlsnakedaddy: HA! nearly the same nick and a bass player too. that´s cool. i am building doublebasses and sell them. of course i have a real case. but it looks better without a case (for pics only).

what kind of music are you playing? im in a johnny cash/hank williams/rockabilly band called "HANK CASH"

@ bob: it fits inside the car! looks funny. i will make a pic. but as you said, the old bands always had the basses on the roof. i have a old wooden case too but it´s very heavy.

Edited by RattlesnakeDaddy

@rtlsnakedaddy: HA! nearly the same nick and a bass player too. that´s cool. i am building doublebasses and sell them. of course i have a real case. but it looks better without a case (for pics only).

what kind of music are you playing? im in a johnny cash/hank williams/rockabilly band called "HANK CASH"

Yeah,

Pretty interesting that we both play bass. I play a mix of rockabilly and Americana. My last band, the Johnnies, split a while back. We were mostly what you could term Americana/Bluegrass. you can check out some of the stuff at www.myspace.com/wearethejohnnies , the site should still be up.

Here is my old 218 with cast iron headers, 2.25 exhaust with a crossover and dual 14 inch long no name turbo style mufflers. Don't have a video of the new 230 with the Edgy head.

Don't know why the video stops about half way through. Just checked it on Youtube and it stops there too.

I just litened to the whole thing...pulled the timing pointer all the way right and waited for the vid to reboot...it did...took almost 30sec.