Carberator kit question

I need to put a kit in the carb. on my 49 B1 with a 230. All I can find on the card is Ball & Ball Mfd. for Chrysler Corp. and on the other side there is a 0404 with a 6 beneith it. Does anybody have any insight on what I have and how to go about asking for the right kit? Thanks S.E.

Stock 230 or was stock a 218? If it is the stock set-up that should be all the info they need. If it is a later engine and the carb came with, give them that info.

Example, currently my 49 B1B-108 has a 48 P-15 218 engine block/guts but everything else is stock truck parts. So I'd order a kit for a 49 truck. The replacement 230 is out of a 56 Plymouth Savoy, stone stock, so I'd order a Savoy carb kit.

Take the carb in with you so the parts guy is at fault if you get the wrong kit. Took me a couple tries to get the right one last time I had mine running (17 years ago).

This kit should be available at any competent parts store which carries Hygrade or Standard Motor Products.

For all B&B Carbs

CarbKitBoxEnd.jpg

This kit is around $20 here now. My local store has it in the warehouse, 2 hour delivery to the store. New, not nos.