Rear Main Seal and Transmission Mounts

fedoragent

Folks,

I was recently under my car (which was a treat because I was able to walk UNDER it.) and saw that the source of my oil leak is my rear main seal. My transmission mounts are also shot to hell as well. My mechanic says that my internal rear main seal between the engine and the tranny needs to be replaced. I figure that if my friend and I are going to be down there I might as well get the whole gasket set for the car at EGGE. However, the one thing that I cannot find is...the tranny mounts. Does anyone know where I can get those?

Thanks,

FG.

Fedo, I got the top & bottom rear mounts from Andy Bernbaum, they fitted well, also the rear main oil seal could be one of a couple of different types or style of seal, best thing, if possible is to drain the sump, take the sump off, clean it out, replace the sump pan gasket and while the sump is off drop the rear main cap to see exactly what you HAVE........which may not be what you SHOULD have........I found with my 1941 engine that the later style of rear seals had been installed BUT the idiot that last "worked" on the engine had NOT installed the rear main side gaskets or seals that go between the rear main cap and the block.....it was only a small gap, 1mm or so.....lol......and there are at least 2 sorts of these......once I replaced, lol, installed them, then the oil loss reduced to almost zero........the front crank seal still weeps but the rear has reduced......lol..............andyd