Old and New part II

anthonyb

Let's try this again.

Haven't been tinkering on either my car or truck recently and haven't even had much chance to visit the forum as much as I would like. So I thought (I know. It gets me in trouble.) I would share the reason now that it is almost finished.

Was assigned as the project officer for this a little over 5 yrs ago and we just had the Grand Opening last Friday. Decided to take the old beast for a drive out there since I can't take it for a drive in the beast. (It's a bit bigger than Cooper.:D)

It will be nice to go out on a high note. 40 and a wake-up and this becomes somebody else's worry. I'll still get to brighten up the place with the old beast periodically.

post-24-13585354945593_thumb.jpg

post-24-13585354945908_thumb.jpg

post-24-13585354946221_thumb.jpg

We who are here don't have to pine for it, we see it every day. Would not want to live any place but the Texas Hill Country, I live on the edge of it now, I grew up in Kerrville in the heart of hill country.

I spent two weeks every summer for six years at North Fort Hood on vacation in the 50's and early 60's.

Bob - I had some input on the interior layout but the overall design was done by a temporarily imported yankee.:eek: Seemed to capture the Hill Country theme, though.

Edward - I've spent a day or two in your neck of the woods at a little Army place between Ozark and Enterprise. Originally, the whole car was the dark green but a couple of Texas summers helped me to correct that. Just going with the light green dropped at least 15 degrees off the inside temp after a day of sitting in the parking lot.

ruth1932 - Hot I can handle. It's the 212% humidity that's a killer!

James - Spent a 'vacation' or two at N. Ft Hood. Along with several years of doing it full time. Finally got over it and found someplace with some A/C once in a while.