shock absorbers 1950 DODGE 1/2 ton B2B

today i recieved a full new set shock absorbers 1/2 ton B2B. I have one pair a litlle bit longer then the other.

can someone tell me if there should be a difference in size? if so, were would they fit. long on the front short at the back etc..

cheers

and many thanks already

ryan

On my 51 B3B one pair is longer than the other. I'm not sure which goes where, but will look. Are the shocks wired shut? If they are gas shocks the trick is without jacking up the truck, to get one end hooked up at the top and then cut the wire and slip it onto the bottom. It should be evident which shock goes where when the shock is held in position in the normal resting position of the truck.

Hope this helps,

Hank

hi hank,

Having the engine out does not help either as there is no weight on the front. But, I think the front fit the shorter ones as they are the ones coming closes to the anker points. could not find anything the book..

time will tell i suppose..:D

On my 51 B3B one pair is longer than the other. I'm not sure which goes where, but will look. Are the shocks wired shut? If they are gas shocks the trick is without jacking up the truck, to get one end hooked up at the top and then cut the wire and slip it onto the bottom. It should be evident which shock goes where when the shock is held in position in the normal resting position of the truck.

Hope this helps,

Hank

Shocks are here:Part nr 2x863-014 + 2x863-015......Atlas parts stocks them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370086155338&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

Pistons all sorted out, now chasing brake cylinders!

Raybestos/ Rockauto tells me they Raybestos dont make them for a B2B ... but they are in Rockauto catalog, see here, listed under a Dodge TC 1939..

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,124167,parttype,1952.....

I have bought one, part nr WC 6353...Listed for a Dodge 39 TC, but perfect fit for my 1950B2B ! And then they tell me they havent got it! dippos!

The issue is the have the wrong Front wheel cylinders one listed under the

B2B catogary, see here...

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1437629,parttype,1952

So, now I am going to order the cyinder for the other side! WC 6354.. duh:cool:

What a spin!

Cheers Ryan

The original ones I took off mine were longer at the back.

Rayn Could you let me know what brand and part numbers. I`ll put them in my file.

How did you get on with the pistons, did you finally get the right ones?