springs

There have been some recent postings regarding removing a spring leaf for softer ride. Has anyone ever tried the posies super slide teflon between the spring leaves? If so did it work or improve the ride? How much did you have to clean the springs before the teflon was added, I mean did you have to grind them smooth or was just wire brush off good enuff?

Thanks

Lee

I used the teflon between my Model "A" springs, I did grind the ends of each spring to keek them from rubbing on the next leaf. There is now over 20,000 miles on that car with no problems. I did find that the springs worked easier

(more bonce) but with good shocks should be OK.

Wayne

My rear springs each had eight leaves and the truck rode quite stiff. I could not get it to jounce or rebound with my considerable weight on the rear bumper. It rode hard on the highway. After considerable thought, I removed three leaves from each spring, removing every other one beginning at the bottom. Now it sits just a tad - less than one inch - at the rear, using a carpenter's level on the bed rails, and I can bounce ths suspension just like an automobile. It rides very nice, and now those new radials can do their thing and be appreciated. Will it still haul two tons when I need it? Likely not, but that is not in my plans. I'm happy.

Good Luck with yours.