Part from French Lake Auto

jimainnj

I have a brace for my 47 P-15 and the rear of the hood still has a big vibration and space at the rear. It does not lie down on the strip that goes across the cowl. Do you have that space and does the rear of the hood meet the strip across the cowl? I took the hood off and can't remember if I had that space and vibration before.

The hood sits down on the cowl ok when closed, I haven't put the brace on yet,

the reason I bought the brace is, when the hood was up it was not stiff enough

and that caused it to take paint off the cowl if it was raised up to high. I'll let ya know if this helps after I get it on. Jim

jimainnj,

I went to their website because I want a hood brace too, but their catalog only goes back to 1950. Before I call and ask, do you know if they have another one and, if I may be so bold, what did you pay for yours?

Thanks,

-Randy

The hood sits down on the cowl ok when closed, I haven't put the brace on yet,

the reason I bought the brace is, when the hood was up it was not stiff enough

and that caused it to take paint off the cowl if it was raised up to high. I'll let ya know if this helps after I get it on. Jim[/quote

Put the hood back on today, painted the cowl and hinges. Installed the hood brace:) what an improvement no more hitting the paint when up and

no flopping closes tight. Jim

Any one need a rear passenger 1942 fender for free!!!! I have one and I will ship it to wherever you are. But the catch is that you pay for the packing and ship page. Fender is fixable and I replaced it with a new old stock one when I was rebuilding my 42. If interested contact me. Also I have a front bumper for a 1946 to 47 Dodge for free. Jon:D