48 Fargo Pickup Distributer,Cap/rotor etc

Once again I am looking for help on the 48 Fargo!!

I have a 48 Fargo with a 218.06 Ci 6 cyl built in Windsor Ontario Canada and Nappa cannot find the Part Numbers for a COIL, DISTRIBUTER CAP,ROTOR, POINTS and CONDENSER.

I purchased a 6v Coil for a B1B but there is no bracket attached to it like my old one ( trying to keep original ).

Does anyone have part numbers for any of the above parts NAPPA or LORDCO would be great.

Do I need to send PICTURE along of coil?

Thank once again for your expert help

Bert

There is a tag on the distributor housing with an alpha numeric number on it starting with 3 letters. If you give the partsman that number, he should be able to get you the parts.

If not, send me that number and I will track down the numbers you need.

This is from a post I made a while ago:

"I ordered a cap and rotor for the 46 Fargo Saturday from my local Ma and Pa parts store. The fellow behind the counter asked me for the number from the distributor tag. Said there were at least two kinds and if he had the number, he could have me the parts next day(Sunday). Fine because I'm movin very slow anyway.

The number he needed was this one: IGS 4202BL with the "IGS" part the key.

For this dist, the cap is #AL96 and the rotor is #AL98.

I'll post the maker to match to the part # when I pick up the parts.

UPDATE: These above part numbers are Standard Motor Products part numbers and the parts fit the mentioned distributor perfectly.

So, if you can get the number from your particular distributor, you should be able to track down the correct cap, rotor, points and condenser.

http://www.bownessauto.com/

ask for Roy (he's the guy in the pic on the right) He knows his stuff, old and new."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?

p=87621#post87621

scroll down to post #4

Thanks once again

Found some of the numbers, the cap numbers were hard to find on "inside of Cap "

For any one else looking for numbers here are the Nappa Numbers I got from Nappa

Cap IAO1003 Nappa Number AL98

Condensor Manufacturer Echlin Nappa Number AL116

Points Nappa Number CS725A

Rotor Autolite # IGS 1016B Nappa Number AL62

Thanks Eveyone

BERT