Help....Does anyone have a bump stop for a lower control arm to spare.

splat1955

Hey Guys,

Does anyone out there possibly have a bump stop for the lower control arm they can spare.....I need a decent used one. I've got the 48 Dodge and figure the '46 & '47 are the same.....but if anyone with an interchange could look it up to see if maybe the Plymouths of the same years or any of the other years, makes and models. I'm trying to trouble shoot a noise in my suspension, and I am missing the bump stop on the drivers side. Any help would be appreciated. Can send $ for the part, postage through Paypal or what ever works....just would like to get one soon. I will also place this request in the " parts wanted" section, but was hoping I might find one here quicker. Thanks guys.

Man, that would be great Norm. After having done the spring cut, I've found that I'm missing the drivers side bump stop. And, after all that work, I've decided I am going to get another set of springs...new ones, and cut them. Since my cutting the springs and driving the car...these old springs really settled...much lower than anticipated. So, as they say, back to the drawing board. But not having that drivers side bumper right now, I really can't totally trouble shoot a noise in the front. Let me know what ya got.....I was going to order a new one from Roberts, but if I can get used one here quicker that would be great. I can send you some cash for the part or postage or what ever you might need to get it here.

Thanks again Norm.

I might have one in some old 1950 parts. Used condition, but it should work. I'll check and let ya know.

Hey Norm,

I forgot to mention. Roberts shows the lower control arm bumpers as thier part number P226....Showing they will work on '38 - '48...They show Part # A150 as fitting the '49 & '50....so, it may be there is a difference between what you have and what I have. Do you have an interchange...or anyone you know here have one that we can ask?

I might have one in some old 1950 parts. Used condition, but it should work. I'll check and let ya know.

Sounds good Norm....yeah, maybe with the pic you can send a description as to what the dimension is from the base of the rubber to the tip, what the diameter is of the base. Mine has 3/8 fine threads with square " carriage " like head to fit into the same on the lower control arm. Maybe with that info I can figure out if it will work....thanks Norm

I doubt that my Hollander book will go into that much detail, but I can shoot a quick photo tonight and post it for comparison to the one you still have on the other side. No payment needed if I send it, just the postage.