Site Offline 9/23/24 starting 8:00 AM PST ×

OT-Some Useful Sears/Craftsman Info

splat1955

Remember a while back I was looking for a manual for my Craftsman Diagnostic Engine Analyzer, Part # 161.2104500? Well, I'd posted my needs on a couple of other automotive forums. Oh, btw, I just received a copy of the manual for my Craftsman Analyzer, I also have, on the way, a couple of other manuals on the way for 2 of the other Analyzers in that line...not sure of the models numbers at the moment...but the I believe one of them has the last 4 digits of 4400...

Anyway, today I was sent these links...and I thought they might come in useful to some of the guys here...that have purchased from Sears. I'm sure these #s go back quite some years. The first link basically has the info on who has manufactured for Sears, with a list of the manufacturers. The first column gives you the prefix of the Sears Model #, generally the first 3 numbers in the item model and then tells you who the manufacturer was. Some of the prefix numbers can have more than one manufacturer. So, if you have a product that you purchased from Sears, but no longer have the manual for or have purchased a used item and would like to have a manual for, you might be able to use this list to contact the manufacturer and see if they have the manual for your item. Just a thought.

The second link gives you more info, plus just some history and info that I found interesting. Anyway, if you can use it here it is.

http://www.owwm.com/Craftsman/Manufacturers.asp

http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/Detail.asp?ID=222