Question about Antenna Mount

splat1955

Hey Guys,

Here's a pic of how I have installed the antenna on my car. I found most of the parts in the trunk. The antenna was already mounted....but I found the block that the antenna goes through and the shouldered nut that tightens the block and pad down. But after installing there are still threads showing as you can see. Another member suggested I lower the antenna but putting a spacer on top of the antenna but under the fender, lowering the whole assy and then installing the related parts. This is a good idea and may go that route...but, is there something missing in this assy? Is there another part that would go ever the threads to cover them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

post-1457-13585346394716_thumb.jpg

Mine looks like this, but is not an official P15 antenna. Off something later

model. But made similarly to what you have. Not sure if yours needs something underneath as it looks about right on top.

100_6913.jpg

This IS an official MoPar antenna on the 54 Plymouth. Not sure what's below the fender.

100_8087.jpg

Thanks for the pics Bob.....I think you are right....Shel told me the same thing. From the pics, it looks as though my antenna may just be sitting too high...and if adjusted from below the fender, maybe with a spacer or something, I might be able to get it down far enough to where the nut will sit flush with the top of the threads. Gonna give that a try and see what happens.

Is yours a MoPar atnenna with the larger tube on the bottom and an attached strap

to secure it?

Here's one I took out of a 51 Plymouth. The strap is missing, but you get the idea of the

tube part. The strap is to steady the thing I guess.

100_6907.jpg

Pic of antenna in parts manual....

100_0909.jpg