Cranbrook, Chysler & Plymouth spotted

splat1955

Hey guys,

It's been a lot of years since I've been to a wrecking yard....probably 25 or so. But we've only lived up here for a little over 5 years and there isn't much up here. Anyway, today I did go to a yard. Not a lot there, but they did have a Mopar section....mostly cleaned out. But there was a Chrysler, not sure of the year....I'd guess early '50's...maybe a NY'er...There was also a Cranbrook...not sure of the year again, but I'd have to say early 50's as well...and then a Plymouth that may be a P-15. It looked like a lot of the pics I've seen here but it was a 4 dr. They had all been pretty well stripped, although the bodies were pretty complete. I can't really tell you what was still left on each car but I may be going out there again next week so if anyone wants me to check for anything, let me know. Or, what I'll do is take pics of the cars, that way, you guys that know these cars better can I.D. them......then if anyone is interested, I can go see what's left. Anyway, just thought I'd let ya know about these 3.

Great idea....take some pics. Always nice to see the oldies......what you described sounds early 50s anyhow. Might take a picture or two of the dash and interior also. Sometimes there are dash items still useful....if any

are left.

This is a P15 (46,47,48) Plymouth.....

100_2546.jpg

Salvage yard versions of the same....

100_4581.jpg

This one is a 51 or 52 Plymouth.....may be a Cranbrook.....

100_1698.jpg

This one is a 50 or 51 Chrysler....New Yorker is the best most expensive model.

IM004163.jpg