1fastcar.com is not very fast

Normspeed

A couple weeks ago I located a KEM carb rebuild kit for my B&B carb, at a good price with free shipping from this online outfit. After 2 weeks, no kit, no communication from them, so I emailed and asked what's up with my kit? Here's their reply:

"I have been informed by KEM themselves that they have no stock on this part."

Back to the search. Hard to beleive that KEM has no stock, since some other forum guys have bought KEM kits. Lucky for me, there's no hurry, I have 2 working carbs. Just trying to put together a matching numbers carb for the set. Prices sure vary on the rebuild kits. Anywhere from $20 to $45 or even $65.

Even if not dorks they still have supply problems from what gotton a good lesson from this past week. Doing a complete brake and bearing job for a supposed to be common and easy to find parts for Chevy and ended up buying shoes and cylinders from Napa, seals from O'Riellys and inner /outter bearings from Advance. Within all these groups there was a problem with each and every one from wrong parts ordered (fan belts instead of bearings) out of stock or have one, (wheel cylinders and bearings) and the list goes on. Autozone was no help at all and Carquest is in another town now. The most useful tool I found was Napa's part search with the non-napa online part number locater that is mentioned above.