Steering Wheel Change Question

splat1955

Hey,

Has anyone here changed out the steering wheel in the '46-'48 Dodges for either an aftermarket or from any later model vehicles. I'd like to change mine out (saving the old one to put back in later of course) to something a bit smaller...possibly even a little more " hotrodish"....Who's done what? I'd really like to get some ideas as to what you replaced yours with and how easy was your swap.

Not long ago, I saw a 47 Plymouth with a Dodge steering wheel of about the same vintage. Probably went right on.

How about a wheel from the 50s MoPars.....weren't they a little smaller? Maybe they would go on easily.

I personally am not fond of those little tiny wheels that people install.....I think they look terribly out of place in the older cars.

This wheel is in a 41 Plymouth street rod....looks like a Ford V8 emblem in the center. On ebay. You can find ideas and examples of various things by looking at cars in the ebay ads.

199a_12.JPG

This wheel is in a 65 Belvedere with a starting price of $25,000 plus a reserve.

3ff2_12.JPG

1956 Plym Belvedere.

64de_12.JPG

And....a 58 Plymouth Savoy.....

6e0e_1.JPG