The build continues...

KustumCranbrook

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Been working hard on the Plymouth. I have a few questions. I know there has been threads on here about front brake conversions to disc. Can I get some info on the deal. Best course of attack and all that was used. That and I'm looking for a radio. The factory type. Preferably one that does not work. The car is a '52 Plymouth Cranbrook 2 door. So far the front has been pulled off and the motor and trans. are out and the motor has been stripped down to the block. Were cleaning the motor and porting it now and then it's off to the mechine shop to be bored and all that fun stuff. She'll come back .60 over and I've been gathering all kinds of speed goodies. Does anyone know of a place that sells finned heads? I stumbled onto a Youtube vid that has a great sounding and looking finned out flat6. That's what I'm shooting for. It was one of the nicest, meaty sounding motors. Done very well. I'm jealous. It gave me a goal to shoot for. Updates to come as with the build progress. Thanks for everyones help in advance. Keep wrenchin'....Springs coming fast.

SDoes anyone know of a place that sells finned heads?

The only current production finned head I know of is the EDGY head. Made by Earl Edgerton in Ca. E-mail him at edgerton@pacbell.net

I'm running this head on my '50 230. Check it out here.

underhood2.jpg

The head is 9:1 compression on the 230, about 8.5:1 on the 218. They are expensive, but if you want a finned head, I think they are the best route. Vintage heads are expensive too, if you can even find one, and most likely have already been milled and need thread repair. By the time you get them usable, you've probably spent close to the same money as a new trouble free head from EDGY.

Is your engine a 218? If so, something to consider while you have your engine apart... Swapping the crank, rods, and flywheel from a 230 engine. This will give you 1/4" longer stroke, and a bolt in 12 cubic inches.

Pete