The mopar as art

Normspeed

Today I dismantled the rest of the very nice 4.10 rear end that Richard "Mr. Belvedere" gave me a while back. The rear gear set is beautiful. I wrapped it up in 3 mil plastic and labeled it for my parts pile. Prepping for my move to NM... Before I put the case out for the trash pickup, does anyone locally want a nice bare rear axle housing circa 1953-54?

I decided to remove and clean up the big blob of oily dirt that is the rear axle vent. After some solvent tank time and some quality time with the wire wheel, it struck me how really beautiful the components can be on these old gals. In case you haven't see one for the caked on crud, here's what the Mopar folks actually designed and built. What a gem. This is the kinda stuff that keeps me wrenching on my P24.

post-64-13585347803398_thumb.jpg