Bute Aussie ute.

I have copied these pics from another site. They where taken at a Chrysler day on the Australian east coast on the weekend.

Has to be the best example of a restord 1955 to 57 aussie Pilot-house Deluxe (coupe) ute I have seen.

DSC01476.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

This link will show you a few other late model aussie utes.

http://moparmarketforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=154114#154114

These Utes are really trick! Anyone know why Austrialia made Ute pickups and America did not! Was the Ute as much automobile as it was truck in its day? What do others think was the first USA type of ute? The El Camino, The sweptside Dodge, . . . , or did the 'business coupe' serve the same purpose in USA. Others toughts are requested.

The story goes that Lew Brand a designer with Ford Oz, was asked by a cow cocky(farmer to youse yanks, lol) for a car that he could cart stuff with but take the misses to church on sunday with, there were plenty of cut down tourers around but the 1934 Ford Utilty was the 1st factory production one at least here in Oz, tho Chev got into the act also in 1934, Mopar coupe utes started in about 1935 I think.....and all three had Roadster Utes, Ford from at least 1934.......I personally had the remains of a 1939 Plymouth Roadster Ute, 39 cowl with smoothed over cowl top above the dash with 1936 style windscreen posts.....that Fargo style F100 size Ute was fairly common from 1946 thru to the mid 50's as Oz Dodges and Plymouths from 1946-48 never had Ute bodys but about 1952/3 Chrysler in Oz did start making Utes available on the Dodge/Plymouth and DeSoto car lines.....note that all three used the same body shell with different griles, badges etc and the 23" & 25" engines.........trust this helps, andyd

BTW..that Valiant Ute.......its 4 figure black & white New South Wales number plate would be worth more than the car......at least 20K......andyd

ever since we were there a couple years ago I was intrested in see if I could afford to import a Holden in to the U.S.

I liked the Holdens more than the Fords but never got farenough in the idea to see what it would cost to ship it here no my problem will be taken care of too bad the'll be converted to left had drive though.

Bryan

Not as good as a MOPAR, but is an Aussie Ute.

Here it is a Holden, over there it will be a pontiac. It has the C*** GenIII 6.0litre, or the 3.6 V6.

http://www.mywestnet.com.au/video/index.html?guid=36370&category=National News