Got a new what-not for the Plym

BobT-47P15

Correct you are..my use of words "came out" may have been wrong I did not clearify enough but the intent was to say that the actual flag appeared first on the car in emblem form in 1954..it may be splitting hares..but I don't recall seeing it on a car till that time..and it is the only place I have ever seen the emblem affixed to a car...

I know the lettering is not on the 54 flags.....that would be too much for tooling to do that...it is a nice key chain and would go well with my 1954 Savoy...as it would go well for any Plymouth car for that matter...I would like to find a set of the tail fins to put on my car..have seen them on Savoy cars for sale...couple pair I have seen just been to badly pitted to mess with..

I tell you this Bob..you find a couple split hares and I will be more than happy to cook us BOTH a stew...I am sure it would be most tender and flavorful after seasoning and about 18 hours slow cook in the crock pot..Dang..now I'm hungry...have not had a rabbit for a meal in many years...coyote pretty much keep rabbits at a extremely low population here in the middle of Georgia..

Jeez Tim maybe you should come visit good ol' MN. You could eat for a year on the rabbits in my area. They are everywhere! Keep watching for those fins. I found a set cheap on ebay a few years back.

Ed, I was going to a tech school in the mid late eighties in Illionis...I also found an old Honda Elsinor 250 Enduro (2 stroker) to occupy my spare time..it had a locked up engine but pretty much complete..I went through that engine and when I go it running took it out on the pararie outside of town for the initial run..(they had a nice dirt bike run there)...I bet you no less than 100 rabbits jumped in front of me on that short ride..called that bike THUMPER..I swear when you hit third gear you best be prepared to ride for the rear tire tried to pass the front one everytime..it was whicked for its size..sold it later as it was just a bit much as I was getting a bit to daring on it..told the boy about 3rd gear..passed him one evening limping in pushing the bike..asked him what happened..he simply said, THIRD GEAR

53--on the right, no fins, only chrome strip. 54 had the mini fins. Maybe only on the Belvedere. I had a couple 54's---they did have a little flag on the fins as I recall.

33_12.JPG

Or you could do like this person, use a couple hood ornaments for the fins. Click on the link to view:

100_1145.jpg?t=1165261960

Norm, i have several knick knacks related to the car. They do not really do much, but i like having them. I made up a bulletin board thing for one show last summer using several of those items. In the meantime, it just sits there for me to look at. Maybe next time I will make a trunk display of them. Guess I need to quit buying such stuff.

IM002332__Literature_display.jpg

At first I thought you had cut all the trees for posts an purlions...then I said..whoa..is that the desert?????

You builing it too small...I know you say that now..but wait..it is too small..lol

Like no substitute for cubic inches (turbo the exception) no substitute for sq. footage.

Guest usedmind

My first car was a 74 El Camino which I drove to school everyday until the engine couldnt go any farther. The key chain that held its keys has since been in every car that I drive everyday.

I like those little pieces and seeing what people have with there cars is really cool.