Roll-on Paint

Go to www.moparts.com, look for Paintjob on a Budget,in the Questions and Answers section, it is a lengthy thread dedicated to roller painting, the techniques, the products to use etc........Fred PS I know the individual who started this thread, he also has perfected this method of painting, he has done a 1969 Charger, General Lee orange and his VW Beetle, as well as a host of other cars............Fred

Very Cool, I like watching people think outside the box!

Of course cars were originally painted by brush anyhow. There were no SATA gravity fed guns in 1908, I remember reading an artical on rolls royce having a storage issue as they were painting the cars in oil based paint that took 10-14 days to dry and sand between coats. A good paintjob could take 2-3 months! The cars were lined up in rows, waiting for the next coat. I'm sure the english winter didn't help much :P

Same offer as before to you on this forum: Send me a private e-mail with your snail mail address, and I'll mail to you a copy of my roller paint diary with the notes from my own learning curve. It's about the best I can offer to anyone interested in this process. It is time consuming, and the surface prep is super important. LOL:)