OT 60 valiant info

Young Ed

Just found the following on the net. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler

Chrysler's new compact line, the Valiant, opened strong and continued to gain market share for over a decade. Valiant was introduced as a marque of its own, but the Valiant line was placed under the Plymouth marque for US-market sales in 1961. The 1960 Valiant was the first production automobile with an Alternator rather than a electrical generator as standard equipment. It proved such an improvement that it was used in all Chrysler products in 1961.

man..you just to cruel..look around you ..the Pontiac Aztek is still out there...that has to be the butt ugliest car ever put on the American highways...I see one of them and all I can picture is it involved in a crash so to beautiful our country by lessening the numbers...

I'd trade all you got in your garage and home for a 60 wagon...aren't I a nice guy...

sorry can't get my picture to post...

Still remember watching part of the 24 hours of Daytona on ABC's Wide World Of Sports and seeing the little Valiants whip the Ford Falcons and the Chevrolet Corvairs big time. They were in a class of their own. I would love to have a 60 two door hardtop or a station wagon. Would give both my 48 P15 and my 55 Chevrolet for the right one.

I spotted one of these cars not far from the house sitting out in back of a man's house...not sure what his plans are for the car...I like the wagons best..all the way up to 66...my favoritie little car to zip around in was my daily driver work car..a 66 Valiant with a 273 V8..that was truly a spirited little car.

64Valiantrear.jpgSpeaking of Valiants and slant 6's, I have added to my fleet in the last couple of weeks. First came a 64 Valiant 2 door w/pushbutton auto and just a few days ago a 61 Town Wagon with a slant 6 and 4 on the floor.

They were both offered for sale so cheaply that I couldn't resist. $1500 locally for the Valiant that drives perfectly and the 61 Town Panel for only $1250 on eBay. The Town Wagon is also a driver ! These are the first / 6 vehicles that I have ever owned.

TWpassside.jpg

Tim is right they are quite fun. This one had a supped up cam in it. Or is it souped up? Was quite quick if you floored it in second. Cam has since been reverted to stock.

DSC00895.jpg

Guys, you are now in dangerous territory, you are making fun out of a fence I built myself in my backyard, (and you are funny as hell:D )

That is a traditional Finnish fence, used originally for keeping cows at field where supposed. Ancestors invented something that is fast to build and transfer to next location when needed. The poles were used for drying the hey like this. Occasionally used also for hanging heads of opponents who may have wanted to take over your land

kku00439.jpg

My house is built out of wood in traditional Finnish style, so I wanted the fence to match

126_2699-th.jpg

Say nice looking house and homestead.

So you are denying having Transylvanian tyrants in your ancestory, and then you bring up dismembered heads on spikes. I for one am not convinced......

And aren't those things called haycocks in some parts of the world (GB most likely)

Are the fences movable? And what sort of tree is used? Birch? That is a great homestead you have there. I would like to do something like that here but I think I would have to keep it in my back yard. I am sure I would end up in court or jail after the first kid got himself impaled on it. Eric

Thanks guys we like our homestead also, mostly new houses but built in traditional way, in the middle of countryside but only 20 mins away from city, perfect.

I'd better stay shuddup about my roots boys, local authorities may read this...:o

The original fences like that were movable, they did not use nails but all was tied together with rope made out of, surprise surprise, wood. The skin of a willowtree is good for that. Talk about ecological solution. These poles are made out of pinetree.

These type of retro fences became popular again few years ago, and now the farmers who still have the old poles are selling those for good money, like $1.50 a piece. My fence has some 300 poles in it, and sure you could cut the sharp edges out but I like mine that way

Did we end up OT here? :D