lowering my 1947 Plymouth

richards47deluxe

6 hours ago, 48jumpdoors said:

so just to clarify the cutting of one coil from the spring, I am gonna say that on the original spring on the right because I can see it better in the pic that you would go strait up from the end of the coil to the next coil and cut there? In my thinking that is one coil being cut off, and if you wanted more you would repeat the process? 

Yep.

All this talk about lowering is rare for the forum. It makes me want to share what I did with my 49 P15C. I have 2 inch drop spindles, new detroit springs with one coil cut and the rear leaf's were re-arched. The car sat high when I got it now, a different story.   Check out my albums in my profile!

I hope all this info helps Richard and everyone else who is doing the same.

3 hours ago, Vin's 49 Plymouth said:

All this talk about lowering is rare for the forum. It makes me want to share what I did with my 49 P15C. I have 2 inch drop spindles, new detroit springs with one coil cut and the rear leaf's were re-arched. The car sat high when I got it now, a different story.   Check out my albums in my profile!

I hope all this info helps Richard and everyone else who is doing the same.

Just don't talk about small block Chevs and you'll be ok. ?

Don't ask dumb, redundant questions and you'll be ok too ..

Rest in Peace Don Coatney.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 48jumpdoors said:

to Torpedo, I see some small holes to the right of your left tail light, is there something missing there? If so what would that be? I can keep an I out down here in the Okanogan area and also on my travels if thats something your missing.

I need to weld those in...a previous owner did that to mount extra lights. My guess is signal and reverse lights. There brain obviously didn't have enough timing advance.....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, D35 Torpedo said:

I need to weld those in...a previous owner did that to mount extra lights. My guess is signal and reverse lights. There brain obviously didn't have enough timing advance.....

ah gottcha, putting holes for lights (aint right) to each his own I guess. And thanks to TomsB2B answer on the coil cutting.

Clay W. 

4 hours ago, 48jumpdoors said:

ah gottcha, putting holes for lights (aint right) to each his own I guess. And thanks to TomsB2B answer on the coil cutting.

Clay W. 

Welll....in what world is it right? It's easy to make the factory lights dual filament. It's easy to install a factory style reverse light. It's a hack job to drill holes and stick in trailer lights....but to each his own I guess...

On 5/27/2023 at 6:50 PM, mlozier76 said:

One coil with 4" spacers in rear got me this stance

Screenshot_20230527_184342_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230527_184947_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230527_184917_Facebook.jpg

lookin' good, I see in your profile your from Lewiston.  I had an Aunt that lived in Clarkston awhile back, sure gets hot down in that hole!! Hows the Dodge pull that hill on up to Uniontown? Was this a car show in Lewiston?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 48jumpdoors said:

lookin' good, I see in your profile your from Lewiston.  I had an Aunt that lived in Clarkston awhile back, sure gets hot down in that hole!! Hows the Dodge pull that hill on up to Uniontown? Was this a car show in Lewiston?

On 5/27/2023 at 6:50 PM, mlozier76 said:

One coil with 4" spacers in rear got me this stance

Screenshot_20230527_184342_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230527_184947_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230527_184917_Facebook.jpg

So I was wondering what wheels you are running on your Dodge? Apparently you can run original caps?

32 minutes ago, 48jumpdoors said:

So I was wondering what wheels you are running on your Dodge? Apparently you can run original caps?

I have the original wheels and hubcaps.  I had the wheels powdercoated.

14 hours ago, 48jumpdoors said:

Yes it is from a Lewiston show.  I have the motor out and almost done, but it used to pull the hill at about 50.  I treated it kindly because she was tired and I wanted to drive it.    I was trying to have it together and running for my club show in Palouse this weekend, but, I fell a little short.  I've gone all over the PNW with it from Portland to Kalispell.  I miss having it on the road.  Soon enough, fingers crossed.

On 5/31/2023 at 11:45 AM, mlozier76 said:

Yes it is from a Lewiston show.  I have the motor out and almost done, but it used to pull the hill at about 50.  I treated it kindly because she was tired and I wanted to drive it.    I was trying to have it together and running for my club show in Palouse this weekend, but, I fell a little short.  I've gone all over the PNW with it from Portland to Kalispell.  I miss having it on the road.  Soon enough, fingers crossed.

Cool, that hill is a long one! 50 is pretty dang good. Thanks for the info on the wheels and caps. I would like to take mine on the some trips as well. I have a 1958 Higgins tent trailer that I want to pull behind it do a little local camping with it.