parts in bay area, ca

busywait

i'm nearly finished with my B2B restore and find myself with leftover parts, ready for someone else's project. parts are in berkeley, california. will post photos by monday.

first dibs for trades: looking for a synchronized tranny, original tail lights and door stops. or if no trades, the person who hauls them _all_ off. send me a PM.

here's what i've got:

front and rear fender pieces with internal bracketing

running boards (a bit dinged, but serviceable)

cab, cut into

roof - nice condition

front nose - grille pieces painted black, headlight rings, headlights, vent, etc.

rear panel (section behind the seat)

complete (three piece) hood panels

bench seat assembly (good framework, needs re-upholstery - rotten guts)

shorty bed (this is that rare, 3/4 height bed the US navy seemed to love)

back

sides

tailgate

and plenty of angle irons for affixing the bed

spare tire carrier

gas tank

thanks,

bryan

i'd only wanted to give this stuff away to a local enthusiast, but you guys are making it hard! i'm getting offers for cash, and no trades are coming in, so let me do this: i'm going to wait a little longer for that local who needs all the parts, then i'll start replying to those generous offers for individual pieces that need to be shipped (in the order they came in).

i've not shipped large items like this before. any advice on carriers? how does one package things like fenders or the cab face?

and stay posted, i've also uncovered a bunch of other parts. i'll upload more photos next weekend.

bryan

Hey Bryan,

You could bring the parts to the BBQ in April. I'm Intersted in the fenders, and I'm sure the rest of what you have will find a good home .....Clements is about 2 hours east of Berkley.:D

48D

Speaking of parts, I have a seat frame with cushions I'll part with too. I'm just over the Sierras in Carson City, NV.

I would also like to apologize, back in September I offered some leftovers for give away and then didn't give them away. My move consumed much more of my time than I thought and just could squeeze in one more non-essential task. The parts ended up going to a relative and I have no idea what he did with them.

Anyway, the seat frame and springs have been cleaned and painted. The frame needs to be sanded and repainted where the seat covers snap on. The clips have scratched the paint back down to primer. I covered the seats with some thick black cotton with new burlap and foam. I did not replace the cardboard on the bottom seat so the "Firm->Soft" feature doesn't work anymore :) They are quite serviceable, I just wanted bucket seats instead. I don't have a picture of the seats specifically, but you can see what they look like in the attached.

First come first serve. I'll help package it for shipping, if so desired but that will be a bit expensive due to the size.

post-615-13585346985484_thumb.jpg

I also have a seat frame for free needs to be covered though nothings left of the covering if no one wants it I'm probably going to trash it next week

there is a steering box and column also for the taking all free just come pick up is all I ask

There might be a Rear end too not sure yet if 48dodger will want it yet when we swap frames in may

Bryan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

is the tailgate still available and if so what size is it? If it works for my truck I'd GLADLY pay shipping charges and whatnot!

I think this will turn out to be more than a busywait...I've been there done that too...

Hank :)

P.S. Hey Tim just curious, did you ever get those fenders at the 2008 BBQ?

His last post was 2/13/08.....never heard from him since....got my fenders from Reg at the 09 BBQ.

48D

• 4 months later...
i'm nearly finished with my B2B restore and find myself with leftover parts, ready for someone else's project. parts are in berkeley, california. will post photos by monday.

first dibs for trades: looking for a synchronized tranny, original tail lights and door stops. or if no trades, the person who hauls them _all_ off. send me a PM.

here's what i've got:

front and rear fender pieces with internal bracketing

running boards (a bit dinged, but serviceable)

cab, cut into

roof - nice condition

front nose - grille pieces painted black, headlight rings, headlights, vent, etc.

rear panel (section behind the seat)

complete (three piece) hood panels

bench seat assembly (good framework, needs re-upholstery - rotten guts)

shorty bed (this is that rare, 3/4 height bed the US navy seemed to love)

back

sides

tailgate

and plenty of angle irons for affixing the bed

spare tire carrier

gas tank

thanks,

bryan

if you still have the front end and one of the tanks i would be intested. Send me an e-mail tcsmithh@netscape.net.

thanks