Zirc fitting covers

Normspeed

Mackster

the 60's was a time many of us saw pretty colors :cool: .

Normspeed

I do not recall the zerk covers and I worked in a garage in 69-70 it was mostly tire,lube and brakes. A interesting idea but if you have to remove them it could take a while maybe you can just paint the zerk fittings a color that would standout

Ed

Have not seen these in years..the last major user then was the US Navy..the people whose job was to ensure company property was maintained were called OILERS and the had these caps on all fittings. The color code was for type of lubricatant needed. I am sure they are still out there somwhere..under dust cap or something

Good old internet! I decided to run a search and found them. Best price I found was 100 for $8.00. The little loop fits over the fitting so you don't drop them when lubing the fitting. Keeps the road dirt off too.

You guys had me worried, I was beginning to think I only imagined them in the 60's...or I only imagined the 60's.

post-64-13585346770168_thumb.jpg

Yeah, for daily work I'd toss 'em. But for the old P24, I'm think it would keep off some grit, less wiping off the fittings before greasing, add that "custom" touch:rolleyes: , and help me find all those @$#$% fittings. I'm gettin old, 24 is a big number to count to without getting distracted..

Yeah, for daily work I'd toss 'em. But for the old P24, I'm think it would keep off some grit, less wiping off the fittings before greasing, add that "custom" touch:rolleyes: , and help me find all those @$#$% fittings. I'm gettin old, 24 is a big number to count to without getting distracted..

Norm;

Easy way to do it is to grease the first three then start counting again. Much easier to count and remember 21 using fingers and toes etc.:rolleyes: