Heater fan discovery

Normspeed

My 53 has a 2 speed blower, with a pull out switch. As long as I've had it, the 2 speeds were stop and low. I discovered that the old owner had rewired it using undersized wire, and even worse, he reversed the two leads at the switch. I didn't think that would matter but it did. I reversed the leads and wired with heavier wire and now I really do have 2 speeds as Walter P. Chrysler intended.

I learned that the hard way, blew the radio in the stude twice. The folks at the radio shop in Florida said they would not send me another radio until I learned that the leads are not the same as 12 neg and the wire size. When I turned on the fans in the car they were running backwards. I ruined the battery because when it ran down for some reason I charged it the wrong way. 6 volt neg. Thanks goodness I was able to find the problem and fix it before I had some real issues:) glad you got those two speeds. You need it because high is often to much since we don't have a regulator on those heater valves. It gets real hot!